Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Choice

As a result of my Crohn's disease diagnosis in 2007, I've toyed with plenty of dietary plans over the years: no raw fruits/vegetables (too much fiber); no sugar; gluten/yeast-free; a "No-Pain" Crohn's diet; a recent flirtation with the blood type diet.
But last weekend, I found my last eating plan: a whole foods, plant-based diet.

That's right, I will be only eating things that grow in the earth! Stuff like this:

(that's chard, by the way)


Whole foods, plant-based eating just makes sense to me. Call me sentimental, but there's just something great about eating the way all the ancient peoples of the world have eaten: living off of what's available, God-given.

Plus, no additives! No preservatives! No fake "food"!

Something just doesn't seem right to me when I think about how modern food processing removes a hefty portion of the natural vitamins, minerals, and general benefits of foods. So, instead of allowing food processing companies to determine what is taken out of my food, and what crazy things are put in, I'm going straight to the horse's mouth. =)

So! I will be eating FOOD from now on!

Join me...or shake your head and bite into a processed Bic Mac. But read on! I'll tell you all about my journey with whole foods, plant-based eating, and what it does for my Crohn's disease and my general well-being. I'll even share recipes and tips! I dare you to NOT get excited about all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment